Thursday, June 6, 2024

Television actors talk about repurposing waste materials!

 Television actors talk about repurposing waste materials!

Reducing our carbon footprint and leading a more sustainable life is more crucial than ever. That's why concepts such as upcycling are becoming incredibly important. Upcycling is a practical approach to enhancing environmental sustainability, conserving resources, and fostering economic and creative opportunities. Upcycling reduces waste and conserves natural resources by repurposing items that would otherwise be discarded. It saves money and energy by using existing materials, decreasing the need for new production. Additionally, upcycling fosters creativity and promotes sustainability awareness. This World Environment Day, &TV artists speak about the importance of upcycling and household products they have repurposed. These include Neha Joshi (Krishna Bihari Vajpayee, Atal), Himani Shivpuri (Katori Amma, Happu Ki Ultan Paltan), and Shubhangi Atre (Angoori Bhabi, Bhabiji Ghar Par Hain). Neha Joshi, aka Krishna Bihari Vajpayee from Atal, shares, “I am passionate about incorporating upcycled products into my lifestyle. From repurposed shooting bags to a customised makeup kit, I have embraced various upcycled items from a reputable brand owned by a close friend. My preference for upcycled products over traditional branded items stems from my commitment to minimising plastic usage. By opting for upcycled products, I actively contribute to reducing plastic waste and environmental impact. In addition to using upcycled products, I have also taken the initiative to upcycle items in my possession. For instance, I transformed an old aluminium kettle into a unique lamp and repurposed a chain basket for a creative storage solution. Furthermore, I've repurposed my old jeans into stylish cushion covers, adding a personal touch to my living space. One of my favourite upcycling projects involves repurposing more than ten biryani pots as planters. Over the past two years, I've collected these pots with each biryani order, and now they serve as a vibrant and eco-friendly addition to my home garden. Embracing upcycling allows me to express my creativity and contributes to a sustainable and environmentally conscious lifestyle.”

Himani Shivpuri, aka Katori Amma from Happu Ki Ultan Paltan, shares, “By reimagining everyday items, I am dedicated to minimising single-use plastic in my life. I have taken the initiative to repurpose my old sarees into durable cotton bags and transform plastic bottles into colourful planting pots. Each upcycled creation represents my unwavering commitment to sustainability. I believe in promoting plastic-free alternatives and utilising creativity as a powerful tool to address plastic pollution. I have witnessed children creating art containers from ice cream sticks and crafting pen holders from repurposed materials. Every upcycled product signifies a small but impactful step towards a greener, cleaner future for our planet.” Shubhangi Atre, aka Angoori Bhabi from Bhabiji Ghar Par Hai, shares, "I have integrated sustainability into every aspect of my life, from using bamboo for toothbrushes to creating teddy bears from old clothes and making lamps from reused glass bottles. I also opt for cotton and jute bags when shopping to reduce waste and embrace natural materials. Let's continue to reimagine, repurpose, and redefine our consumption habits, transforming everyday objects into treasures. Let's adopt and practice upcycling to turn waste into wonder and inspire a future where creativity and sustainability go hand in hand.”

Watch your favourite artists in Atal at 8:00 pm, Happu Ki Ultan Paltan at 10:00 pm, and Bhabiji Ghar Par Hai at 10:30 pm, airing every Monday to Friday only on &TV!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

GIVE REVIEW ABOUT OUR UPDATE OR REQUEST

Prateek Kuhad’s latest track 'I'm Someone New' is OUT NOW!

  Prateek Kuhad’s latest track 'I'm Someone New' is OUT NOW!  Acclaimed singer-songwriter Prateek Kuhad has released his latest ...