Thursday, March 14, 2024

Actors reveal their skincare and haircare secrets during Holi!

Actors reveal their skincare and haircare secrets during Holi!





                                                                Neha Joshi


The festival of Holi is known for its colourful celebrations, where people come together to spread joy and enthusiasm. While many prefer organic colours to keep their skin and hair safe, practising general care during and after the festival is crucial. Speaking of which, &TV actors reveal valuable tips and advice on how to take care of oneself after Holi and maintain a glowing complexion. These include Neha Joshi (Krishna Devi Vajpayee) from Atal, Geetanjali Mishra (Rajesh Singh) from Happu Ki Ultan Paltan, and Vidisha Srivastava (Anita Bhabi) from Bhabiji Ghar Par Hai. Neha Joshi, essaying the role of Krishan Devi Vajpayee, shares, “As I embrace the lively spirit of Holi, safeguarding my skin and hair becomes my top priority. I prefer the traditional way and rely on coconut oil to provide a protective shield, ensuring my skin stays supple and my hair retains its natural lustre. A nourishing hair spa using coconut oil strengthens my locks, shielding them from potential colour damage. To further enhance my hair's care, I recommend rinsing it with lemon juice and water after Holi, which helps remove colour and restore the hair's pH balance for soft, manageable locks. Additionally, indulging in the rejuvenating benefits of a Neem leaves bath after Holi can soothe the skin and alleviate any irritation caused by the intense colours.”



                                               Geetanjali Mishra


Geetanjali Mishra, essaying the role of Rajesh Singh, advises, "During Holi, it's essential to prioritise the health of our skin and hair. We can ensure a safer celebration by choosing organic colours while minimising potential harm. This year, I purchased my essentials from Indore while visiting Ujjain for Mahashivratri. Along with a selection of organic colours, I also bought moisturisers crafted from natural ingredients to ensure a safe and healthy Holi experience. After the festivities, I indulge in a calming skincare routine involving curd, honey, and turmeric to replenish my skin's moisture and restore its inherent glow. I rely on the time-honoured practice of mustard oil massages for my hair. This deeply nourishing treatment delicately removes colour residue and offers intense hydration, leaving my hair resilient and lustrous. As the colours fade away, these rituals bring equilibrium, enabling me to revel in the spirit of Holi while maintaining the vitality of my skin and hair. Vidisha Srivastava, known for her portrayal of Anita Bhabi, emphasises, “I have fond memories of Holi, having spent my formative years in Varanasi. The city's early commencement of festivities made it even more special. During a recent visit to Kashi Vishwanath for Mahashivratri, I saw the bustling preparations for Holi that are already in progress. One of my family's most cherished traditions during Holi is applying a special ubtan. My mother uses roasted mustard, a hint of turmeric, and mustard oil. This ubtan shields my skin from vibrant colours and keeps it hydrated. Applying this ubtan is a graceful tradition of delicately massaging the paste onto the skin. Any remnants are ceremonially burned during the Holika Dahan, symbolising protection from illnesses. This custom is well-known to anyone familiar with Uttar Pradesh traditions. After Holi, a simple bath infused with mustard oil revitalises my skin. For my hair, I turn to the enriching properties of a coconut oil massage.”



                                              Vidisha Srivastava


Don't miss these priceless tips from our artists for a vibrant yet safe post-Holi glow! Tune in to Atal at 8:00 pm, Happu Ki Ultan Paltan at 10:00 pm, and Bhabiji Ghar Par Hai at 10:30 pm, airing every Monday to Friday exclusively on &TV!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

GIVE REVIEW ABOUT OUR UPDATE OR REQUEST

A FLEA BY THE TREE: WHERE CULINARY DELIGHTS, BOUTIQUE TREASURES, AND STAR-STUDDED GLAMOUR CAME UNDER ONE ROOF

  A FLEA BY THE TREE: WHERE CULINARY DELIGHTS, BOUTIQUE TREASURES, AND STAR-STUDDED GLAMOUR CAME UNDER ONE ROOF SPEARHEADED BY TEJASWINI KOL...